2. What personally identifiable information of yours we may collect from you through our website
3. How we may use your personally identifiable information
4. Our policy regarding links to third party websites
5. Security of our website
6. How you can correct and update your personally identifiable information
You can generally visit our website without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, to access certain options and services we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information and without providing such personally identifiable information, you may be unable to access certain options and services. We (and our third party partners) generally collect personally identifiable information about you only if you voluntarily provide it to us and you have the option not to provide any personally identifiable information to us. In addition, we may use third parties to analyze data collected on our site. The following is personally identifiable information that you may voluntarily provide to us and how we use it:
- News and Other Information by email. Information obtained from you from your request to subscribe to a newsletter or to receive other information, such as contact information (name and e-mail address). We may use this personally identifiable information to deliver the newsletters that you have elected to receive.
- Registration. Information obtained from you on registration forms used to process your requests for services and information, such as contact information (name, address, e-mail address), password, etc. This registration information may also be gathered if you register for certain services via fax or mail. We may use this information to send you e-mails to, e.g. verify your username and password, website updates, special offers, or other information responsive to the data that you provide to us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
- Employment. Information obtained from you on registration forms to process your requests to create an account to access job postings and to post your resume, such as contact information (name, e-mail address, mailing address), password, username or code, employment history and any other personally identifiable information contained in your resume that you post to the website. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you e-mails to, e.g. to verify your username and password, for employee recruitment purposes and to respond to your requests for information.
- Correspondence with FibroGen. You may use our site to contact our personnel through the email addresses provided on our website. If you communicate with or request information from FibroGen personnel, they will have your email address as well as whatever information or personal facts you choose to include in your email.
FibroGen is the owner of all information collected on this website and retains all rights thereto.
You must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration or survey information. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to register to obtain further information or be included in a survey, then your parent or legal guardian must register to obtain the information or to participate in the survey.
Cookies and GIF files
Some of our websites may use cookie technology to identify users who have previously visited so the user is recognized upon return, thereby saving them time while on our website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our website. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our website. A cookie may be placed by us, or by vendors or service agencies who work with us or with our partners.
Log Files and Aggregate Information
We may track the total number of visitors to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, internet protocol (IP) addresses, and the domain names of our users' Internet Service Providers, and we may analyze these data for trends and statistics in the aggregate. Such information will not generally contain personally identifiable data. However, we retain IP addresses, and we may retain them together with personally identifying information.
We may use such information, individually or in the aggregate, to analyze trends, administer the website, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for use. We may share this information with our corporate partners and contracted vendors to assist us in operating the website and to enable them to better understand FibroGen's business.
Sharing and Disclosure
Compliance with Law
Links to Third Party Sites
FibroGen and its third party providers may employ procedural and technological security measures, consistent with industry practice. Such measures are intended to be reasonably designed to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. FibroGen may use encryption, password protection, secure socket layers, internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
Correction/Updating Personally Identifiable Information FibroGen provides you with the ability to review and correct any of the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. If you wish to correct any information provided to us, you may update your contact information directly contacting us at email@example.com. You may also "opt-out" of receiving e-mails and other communications from us by using the unsubscribe feature on our website.